Friday, June 13, 2008

Stop, guac, and roll


Took a break from unpacking (will it never end?) to take a trip to Boulder for Boulder Park(ing) Spaces day. Basically the concept is that various businesses took a parking space (or two) and instead of using it for cars, they set up a park with some sort of theme or activity or whatever. There were dog parks set up, a yoga park (woohoo!)... all sorts of really cool things. My first stop of the day was at Full Cycle on Pearl St., where Chipotle was giving away cups of chips with guacamole... yay, free chips and guac!! :-D It was a lot of fun, and I had a great time cycling around Boulder, in spite of losing my front brakes when a part that helps with the cable failed... back to Bicycle Village for repairs when I hit the Farmers' Market tomorrow.

In other news, gas prices are really getting on my nerves. I fully intend to spend a LOT more time on my bike this summer, which is great, but gas prices are also going to cut into my climbing trips big time. I love climbing, and as a rule, I would try to go out at least 2-3 times a week over the summers, but with gas prices being what they are, it looks like a once a week trip is likely to be more realistic and financially feasible. *sigh* Of course, it will also encourage me to fulfill that goal of riding my bike to Boulder, so that's pretty cool, really. If/when I do that (part of that equation involves convincing Kyle to do it), I'll definitely do a post about the trip. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment